I have nearly come to the end of my degree, which means I’m about to enter the proper adult world of council tax and no 3 month summer holidays. It’s been daunting but exciting, I’ll gain a new kind of freedom that I’ve never had before. No support from student finance and hopefully less from mum.
I began making a list around january time of things I wanted to do with my life before, I kind of become grounded in anyone place. A bucket list of sorts but also kind of personal development plan. I’m going to do some things I definitely don’t want to but will, just to conquer that fear. Some things just for the fun of it and others to gain a broader perspective on life.
- Have had at least 7 different hair colours
- Visit 30 different countries
- Buy a Marc Jacobs bag
- Live alone
- Live abroad
- Bungee jump
- Read 5 of the classics
- Watch all of the imdb top 100 films
- Conquer fear of snakes/ touch snake for at least 10 seconds without running away
- See the Northern Lights
- Swim/jump into a waterfall
- Visit New York
- Pilgrimage to Jerusalem
- Build a treehouse
- Have a spa day
- Go to Zimbabwe and meet my family
- Grow a Willow tree
- Watch the sunrise
- Surprise my mum with something amazing
- Meet Kanye West
- Go to a concert of one of my favourite artists
- Have a body/mindset you love wholeheartedly
- Go on a spontaneous trip to a random destination
- Throw an amazing 30th birthday party
- Learn to speak semi-fluent Spanish/German
- Star a pension fund
- Grow my natural hair at least 10 inches long
It’s not a full 30 but I thought I would save a little space for things that might pop up in the future. You never know what will happen or where you will end up but it’s still nice to have little goals to work towards and I guess that’s what these are. I’ll keep you updated,and do seperate posts on each, to tell you more about why I want to do these things.
The next upcoming one will probably be a new hair colour. I have a holiday coming up and have been thinking about wither going ombre pink or a deep forest green.